so i thought i would share the chocolate beetroot recipe with you's incase you's fancy trying something different, i've made a cake version a loaf version and little cake/muffin versions with all slightly differing recipes so i'll alter the recipe for them all for you's!
So first is the cake.
8-9" cake tin
oven at 180C for 45/50 minutes
9ozs cooked beetroot
2 3/4 ozs dark chocolate
4 1/2 ozs butter
10 1/2 ozs soft light brown sugar
3 large eggs
8 ozs SR flour
1 3/4 ozs cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Grate or liquidise the beetroot whatever takes your preference2. Melt the dark chocolate
3. Beat together the butter, soft light brown sugar and eggs in a bowl
4. Mix in the beetroot and chocolate to the butter mix and mix well together
5. Sieve in the flour, cocoa powder and add the salt
6. Pour mix into tin and Bake.
Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream/ clotted cream.
Enjoy it if you make it!!
and if anyone wants the loaf or little muffin recipe just let me know and i'll post it up too!!